<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 20, 2007

Breaking News for Friday July 20, 2007

Today I signed my first year-long teaching contract! I now have a full time teaching job which will begin on August 27th, 2007. I am proud to be one of the founding teachers of Casa Ramona Academy for Technology, Community and Education located in San Bernardino, Ca. This new school will be the first K-12 Charter School in San Bernardino, and I will be teaching 4th grade.

Casa Ramona will open with 350 students the first year, and will eventually accommodate 500 students the following year. The first two years of Casa Ramona will operate in temporary classrooms located on the property of a Catholic Church right across the street from our brand new 40,000 square-foot two story school that is being constructed for us. The first story of our new school will house elementary students, and the 2nd story will house the middle and high school students.

I will be leaving the great weather and convenience of Orange County and now heading back to my roots in San Bernardino close to mi familia.

I am really looking forward to meeting my new 4th grade students, and working with all the new faces and staff of my new school. I know we will have a great time and have lots of fun.

Time is now in order for special thanks to those who helped me along the way into becoming a certified public school teacher. It was long and laborious process, and I couldn’t have done it with out you. Thank you to: Carolyn Rae Love, Joy Jackson, Emily Rivas, Eva Correa, mentor Dr. Chris Foster, directors Jacki Breger, Bev Vargish, Amy Heaton, the 8th graders at CityLife Downtown Charter School, master teachers Linda Contreras, Mary Nance-Loyd, Renee Jeffrey, Sonia Nunez, Anita Smiley, Brenda Plascencia, Gaby Silva, Susan and Michael Clapp, Victor Millan and of course Mom and Dad! You each played a critical part in my professional and personal development. I love you all!

I would especially like to thank my new principal, Mr. Juan Carlos Luna and Emma Lechuga, director of curriculum and instruction, for giving me this wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the students at Casa Ramona Academy for Technology, Community and Education.

Paz,

Mr. Rivas
4th Grade Teacher
Casa Ramona Academy


______________________

Comments: Post a Comment